- 3/4 cup - White Sugar
- 2 tbsp - Corn Starch
- 4-5 cups - Chopped Fruit
(Rhubarb, Apples, Peaches, etc.)
- 1 tbsp - Water
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup - All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp - White Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp - Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp - Salt
- 1/4 cup - Melted Butter or Margarine
- 1/4 cup - Milk
- 1 large - Egg
- 2 tbsp - White Sugar (sprinkled on top)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9 inch square baking dish.
- In a saucepan, mix 3/4 cup sugar, corn starch, fruit, water and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil. Turn heat down and simmer till fruit softens and water has boiled off.
- Transfer the fruit reduction from saucepan to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, wisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a small bowl, beat the milk and egg with a fork. Add to the flour mixture. Stir by hand till well mixed.
- Drop in spoonfuls on top of fruit reduction in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes, until crisp and lightly browned.