- 3/4 cup plus 2 tbsp - Buttermilk
- 1 tbsp - Soft Butter or Margarine
- 2 cups - White Bread Machine Flour
- 1 tbsp - White Sugar
- 3/4 tsp - Salt
- 1/8 tsp - Baking Soda
- 2 tsp - Rapid Rise Bread Machine Yeast
- 2 tsp - Vital Wheat Gluten
- The buttermilk can be made from powder.
- Use 3 tbsp of buttermilk powder to 3/4 cup water.
- Ingedients should be room temperature.
- Pre-warm the bread machine mixing bowl with warm water.
- This recipe is for bread machines, and these ingedients are for a 1 pound loaf.
- Mix all ingredients in the same usual order as per your bread machine instructions. Typically the wet ingredients go in first.
- Bake using the bread machine's Basic/Rapid settings. Or whatever the Normal setting is for rapid rise yeast.
- Set the crust level to medium.